In January of 2009 I answered a “question” on Facebook (you know, one of those “all about me” questionnaires)….
Anyway, here are my answers from 2009–25 Random Things about Me
1. I’m not sure I am interesting enough to write 25 random thoughts, but here it goes….1st one: I’m not good at thinking about these things.
2. I love Starbucks frappucino’s but I hate coffee!
3. I have a BS in Education from Baylor but I don’t ever want to teach in a classroom.
4. I have a Master of Arts degree from Logsdon Seminary; Paul and I both graduated together in December of 2008.
5. In the last 3 1/2 years I have lived in 2 different apartments, 3 different houses, and 1 duplex!
6. I hate packing to move!
7. In the summer of 2002 I was a missionary for 12 weeks in Harlingen, TX. It was the hardest and most rewarding summer of my life. And I met one of my best friends, Kara, during that summer.
8. My husband and I
Met: Aug. 18th
Started dating: Sept. 5th
Got engaged: Nov. 24th
Married: May 13th
Have been married: almost 3 years
9. I cannot wear watches: I have a chemical imbalance in my blood that makes watches stop working when they are on my wrist.
10. I was a “band nerd” (as Paul calls me) all through junior high and high school. I played clarinet in junior high and percussion in high school.
11. I love to sing praise and worship songs, especially with the radio and when Paul plays his guitar.
12. I love to read Christian Fiction books, but can’t read for very long without falling asleep.
13. I used to be able to read in the car and on the plane, but now I can’t; it gives me a major headache and makes me nausea.
14. My sister, Marcy, is my hero.
15. I have four nephews and one niece: Alika, Kainoa, Kainani, Drake, and Grady.
16. I like reality T.V. Not all the shows, but a few of them. My favorites are: Survivor, Big Brother, and The Bachelor. I don’t like: The Biggest Loser. I refuse to watch it.
17. Paul and I probably will not have our own children. We want to adopt older children.
18. I want to be a stay at home mom.
19. I like to cross-stitch.
20. If I could travel anywhere, I think I would go to Australia.
21. I have certain shows on T.V. that I have to watch every week: Law and Order SVU, Without a Trace, whichever reality show is on, right now it is The Bachelor, and LOST
22. MOST EXCITING OF THEM ALL: I am moving to Lacon, Illinois!!
23. Illinois does not have Hastings or HEB’s! But, they do have a Kohl’s about 30 minutes away from where we are going to live!
24. Paul and I will be working at Great Oaks Christian Camp in Lacon, Illinois, about 2 1/2 hours southwest of Chicago.
25. Will I ever learn how to live in negative degree weather?!!
Most of them aren’t THAT interesting (or different), except, of course, the part about “being married” for almost 3 years–we’re now going on SEVEN years….
And, of course, we aren’t moving to Lacon, Illinois…..and, yes, I got used to cold weather and loved it!
So, I thought I would do it again, but this time only do “10 Little Bits of Me” because I’m not sure I can think of an additional “25 random things about me”
1.) I do not like putting my hand down into a large bag (think family size) of chips/crackers/pretzels. So,when the chips/crackers/pretzels get low, I’ll cut off the top part of the bag, so my hand doesn’t have to go all the way down in the bag (and then I just use a “chip clip” to close the back. And, before you ask, little bags (think lunch size) of chips/crackers/pretzels are fine.
2.) I have to be wrapped in a blanket when I’m laying on the couch, no matter the season. Even in summer, I am still wrapped in a blanket, while playing on the computer or watching TV.
3.) I like the sheet/comforter on the bed to be tucked RIGHT UNDER my chin when I sleep in a bed. I sometimes even wrap the covers all the way around my head and just leave a little “hole” to breath through. My sister, Marcy, likes the sheet/comforter down near her chest/arm, so it drives me crazy to share a bed with her!
4.) Paul and I have lived back in Texas now for almost 14 months. In the last 14 months we have NEVER turned our heat on in the apartment….and we have NEVER put a blanket on the bed–we only use a sheet and the comforter.
5.) I have a
small large obsession with Sonic. Not that a Diet Dr. Pepper from Sonic tastes any different than any other one, I just LOVE Sonic. I also have a very large obsession with Fiber One Oats and Chocolate granola bars. I LOVE them!!
6.) I have worn glasses since I was 12. I love them, and I don’t think I will ever wear contacts….never tried them, but don’t plan to. I think I look funny without glasses….
7.) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE kids, but I also want people to understand (and be satisfied with) the fact that Paul and I may never have children. However the Lord chooses to bless us is fine. With or without children.
8.) I am horrible at putting clothes away. I don’t mind doing laundry, I don’t mind folding the clothes, but getting them from the laundry basket to the drawers is tough stuff for me….sometimes I will leave them in there until the next time the basket is needed–usually at least a week or more.
9.) If I could, I would wear a t-shirt, running shoes, and tennis shoes everyday of the week, along with my hair twisted up in a clip….that is my “go-to” outfit….
10.) I am content with the fact that I know nothing about make-up or hair. I am perfectly fine with having one piece of each make-up item (one thing of eyeshadow, one thing of blush, one thing of mascara, one tube of lipstick) and usually my hair is pulled back in a ponytail or a clip–my “look” looks the same way everyday, and I’m OK with that.
Oh, I just thought of 3 more…..(see I am more interesting than I thought I was) 😉
11.) I NEVER watch the news on television or read the news on the internet, unless it’s on the Yahoo home page. If it’s that important for me to know, someone is bound to tell me about it sooner or later. I just really don’t like reading about politics, which is what most of the news is about lately…..
12.) My least favorite chore is sweeping/mopping. Our entire apartment is concrete, so the floors get dirty very easily and need constant “swiffering”
13.) Paul and I are SO BLESSED to have a car that seats 7 people. I cannot tell you how many times in the last 6 months (since we got our “new to us” car) we have carried around 5-6 other people in our car. Our old car only held 5. I never knew an extra seat (3rd row) in the back would be so wonderful! I love it!!
That’s all I can think about right now–
Just some fun “little bit of me” facts! 🙂