UPDATED: Paul did, indeed, put up the Christmas decorations without any prompting from me!! 🙂
Late night thoughts while I’m listening to the Alamo Bowl game–
- Baylor is playing in the Alamo Bowl against Washington. It has been a back and forth game for the last 3 1/2 hours. Baylor is currently winning…hopefully they can hold out for 8 more minutes
- (Speaking of the game)….thank you, Amanda, for having DirectTV at the gym. I ran/walked/biked for over an hour, just so I could watch the 1st half of the game. 🙂
- Paul and I have seen 3 movies this past week. Well, I guess you could say we each saw two, but three…Christmas Day we saw We Bought a Zoo and yesterday I saw War Horse and Paul saw Mission Impossible. We normally go to separate movies, but Christmas Day we actually saw the same movie, at the same time. Shocker, I know….so, we remedied it yesterday and saw two different ones…
- Yesterday for lunch I took my TRAIL girls to lunch, just to hang out with them during the Christmas holidays. Two of the girls still believe in Santa Claus; two of them don’t. That was an interesting van ride, as one of them is yelling, “There’s no such thing as Santa. He’s dead!” (Thank you, _____, for crushing a girl’s dream). Luckily, as far as I know, the one girl still believes. She even tried to convince me that Santa Claus made the Wii cardboard box that her Wii came in (“even though it looks like the one in the store, Callie, I know he made it all by himself!”)… 🙂
- My mother has joined Facebook. Enough said. 🙂
- All of our Christmas decorations are put up (in storage boxes). Now the boxes sit in our living room, waiting to be put outside in the storage shed. (Paul will have to do it, though, b/c I can’t lift them)–I’m not going to hold my breath that they will be put outside anytime soon.
- Our dumpster at camp is SO FULL, nothing else can be put in there. The waste management people haven’t come to empty it in a couple of weeks. We called today. They said they did come, but it was too heavy and they couldn’t lift it (they said the chain broke when they tried to lift it). (Were they going to call and tell us that or just make us wait….would they have told us, if we didn’t call?). Anyway…now Paul and Mark have to “empty” the dumpster tomorrow, enough to get the weight down. So, now we’ll have a truckload of trash sitting around camp for a week. Lovely….
- Saturday is going to be “purge” day at our house. Goodwill and Helping Hands Resale, be prepared! (But, of course, we can’t have too much trash, b/c of the aforementioned dumpster)….
- Well, Baylor just scored again. Two minutes left. They are up 67-56….I think they’ll win!!
I’m off—gotta stay awake to listen to the end!