Another round of random observations from the week…and another round of pictures…
- 22 Jimmy Dean breakfast crossiants in one week…thanks to feeding four hungry boys!
- I’ve been around a lot of testerone this week…thanks to four boys! Now I know how my sister feels being married and having two boys…sometimes you just need “alone time.”
- Teenage boys are human disposals…I don’t think I ever saw them without food in their mouth or food in their hands.
- One of the teenage boys puts sugar on everything…I mean EVERYTHING!!
- Just because you say dinner is in 15 minutes doesn’t mean anything…they still ate two slices of pizza and marshmellows before dinner and then ate two or three helpings of lasagna, salad, and fruit salad.
- When you don’t have the proper pie server slices of cherry pie become pieces of cherry cobbler (presentation isn’t always everything).
- Even if you leave food for them to eat when you are gone during the lunch hour doesn’t mean they are going to eat what you left them. I left everything to make their own sandwiches: bread, meat, cheese, mayo, etc. What do they eat? Leftover pizza from a midnight snack the night before, baked beans, and hot dogs…
- This week I remembered to tie myself to the tree when I was belaying people off the wall; my feet left the ground, but at least I didn’t crash into them.
- I am grateful Jim allowed the boys to sleep upstairs; it gave me a little more privacy in the morning while getting ready.
- Mr. Mike’s has really good cheeseburgers; they remind me of Capt. Billy Whizbang’s in Waco (is that place even there anymore)?
- When Jim says something is going to take about 30 minutes…don’t believe him…it took 2 hours!
- Is it sad that Paul has seen Twlight and I have not?
- Seeing 3 dead mice and 1 live one in one week is enough for me
- The true test of working with a teenage boy…can he get himself up at 5:45AM on Saturday morning to help cook breakfast?
- Jim’s wife can’t say I didn’t feed him well this week. We had: 2 lbs. of venison, 3 lbs. of chicken, 20 oz. angus steak, 6 lamb loin chops, 12 hot dogs, 8 hot dog buns, lots of macaroni, the forementioned Jimmy Dean crossiants…all courtesy of the food bank…I’m beginning to love the food bank!!
- It brings me great joy to feed the boys…especially when they say, “I’ve never eaten so many times at a table before; I usually eat in my room.” I told him it was just like a family, regardless of what color your skin is.
Below you will find random pictures from this week…
***After previewing my post, I realized it was mostly about food…my week has been about food…I guess that’s what teenage boys lives revolve around…